Dermaplaning is a form of manual exfoliation similar in theory to microdermabrasion but without the use of suction of abrasive crystals. A sterile blade is stroked along the skin at an angle to gently “shave off” dead skin cells from the epidermis. Dermaplaning also temporarily removes the fine vellus hair of the face, leaving a very smooth surface.
Effect and Benefits
- Luminosity and softness to the skin almost immediately.
- Help penetration of topical products, by thinning the horny layer.
- Avoid the formation of comedones by removing keratinocytes before they clog pores.
- Normalize the size of pores that were enlarged by comedonal acne.
- Promote and accelerate the cellular renewal of the epidermis and dermis.
- Increase the natural moisturizing of the skin.
- Smooths the skin, erases lines of expression, superficial wrinkles and blemishes and help to reduces acne scars, as the dermatome removes dead cells from the surface of the scar diminishing the visibility of the same.
- Stimulates the circulation and growth of new epidermal cells and promote normal desquamation of the stratum cornea.